Color Management Boot Camp - June 22-25, 2021
Join i1Upgrades.com and Color Management Group from the comfort of your home or office for this amazing learning experience! Learn from the pros how to implement best color management practices. This customized online color management boot camp will prepare you to take on any color management challenge. You'll learn how to linearize, profile, optimize and verify color on all of your output devices using leading edge RIP technology, all while we're preparing you to take the PrUA Digital Color Professional Certification Program exam (fee included).
The Digital Color Professional Certification from Printing United Allicne is a widely recignized certification in the printing industry. This certification signals to everyone that you know your color. Color Management Group is teaching the best methods for color managing printing devices, and preparing attendees for qualification and/or certification in PrUA's program. Learn from the industry leaders how to maximize your investment, get color right the first time, and stop wasting time and money. There will be limited seats available, so Register NOW!
The PrUA Digital Color Professional Certified Instructor for this event is Ben Starr (Color Management and Workflow Expert - Color Management Group). Ben offers 15+ years of printing and color experience and is a G7 Expert – as well as being certified on many other color management, RIP and workflow related products.
Who Should Attend:
- Color and color management staff
- Digital print and production professionals
- Digital printer, press and machine operators
- Prepress, production art, pre-media and design personnel
- Company owners, customer service and sales representatives
Location of Boot Camp:
- Online - Instructions to join will be provided after registration
What You'll Learn:
- Color management theory and universal concepts
- North American print standards and specifications
- How to choose a target to match
- The process for matching (or not matching) your target
- Requirements for establishing an accurate soft-proof on monitors
- How to prepare art files properly
- How to control both process and spot color using color management in RIP
- Best practices and hands-on instruction for linearizing devices
- Hands-on media profiling with RIP software
- Proven methods for creating ICC profiles (especially for ink savings)
- Software for viewing ICC profile gamuts and quality control
- Options for how you can verify that your color is accurate
- Measuring spot colors, managing spot colors and spot color replacement
You can view the agenda for the event here: AGENDA
To get the most out of this class you should have a handheld spectrophotometer, such as an Xrite i1 Pro or similar. If you do not have a device we can loan you one for the duration of the class, with the option to purchase at a discounted price at the end of the course.
- The ability to learn from your home
- A coupon code to use for future purchases
- A link to take the online exam afterward
- Knowledge that will last a lifetime
Optional One-on-One Lab Session:
In the optional lab you'll work one-on-on remotely with the instructor on your RIP and Printer. We will build a profile that can be used to improve your color in production. These sessions last approximately 3-4 hours and are scheduled after the main portion of the course is completed. Submission fee for sending the control print (after passing exam), is included with the optional lab.
Please make sure to provide all of the attendee's contact information when checking out. We will ship out all appropriate class materials.