i1Basic Pro 3
Leading the Market in Color Profiling Solutions
Designed for imaging professionals who rely on accurate color for their displays and projectors who want to track and verify monitor and print quality and who need to capture spot color measurement, the i1Basic Pro 3 is the answer.
The i1Basic Pro 3 calibrates and matches up to four displays connected to a single computer and unlimited displays connected to different computers for consistent viewing.
With the i1Basic Pro 3, you can quickly and easily create custom monitor and projector profiles that ensure the colors you view are true, verify soft proofs and print quality with built-in Quality Assurance (QA) tools, and easily capture and manage spot colors.
- Offers a custom, full-spectrum LED light source, which allows for single-pass scanning and improves device reliability and accuracy.
- Measures M0, M1, and M2 simultaneously in a single-pass, cutting scanning time in half.
- Features an ergonomic design for easy cleaning and accurate measurements.
- Reads smaller patches than the i1Pro 2 with improved accuracy.
- Provides real-time user feedback to ensure accurate measurement position and a self-check tool to adjust and correct minor shifts.
- PANTONE Color Manager software enables accurate capture and management of spot colors and helps users build palettes of best match PANTONE colors that are auto-extracted from their own images.
- Includes download link for i1Profiler software featuring basic and advanced modes for professionally calibrated and profiled monitors (including presets for video production workflows), projectors and scanners.
- Support for measuring high brightness displays (up to 5000nits), improve emissive measurement, resulting in the best possible calibration and profiling of monitors and projectors.
- Easy upgrade to i1Publish software to add complete printer (RGB, CMYK, CMYK + any four) profiling and quality control functionality, and camera profiling capabilities.
- Easy transfer of licenses from i1Photo Pro 2 and i1Publish Pro 2.
- Optimizes automated file creation in less time and material waste during production when combined with the i1iO Generation 3 automated scanning table.
Built upon the success of X-Rite’s i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer as the de facto industry standard for more than a decade, i1Pro 3 features the next generation of industry-leading technology delivering increased accuracy, ease of use and an expanded professional-level feature set including the latest developments in ISO standardization. The i1Pro 3 is equipped with the X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) to make it faster and easier for companies and professionals involved in digital production printing to adhere to ISO standards and have confidence that data sent or received from all links in the supply chain are reliable and repeatable, reducing waste and rework. It provides real-time user feedback to ensure accurate measurement and a self-check tool that adjusts and corrects for minor shifts.
i1Basic Pro 3 includes the i1Pro 3 Spectrophotometer; i1Profiler Software; PANTONE Color Manager Software; and robust i1 accessories (Ambient Light Measurement Head, Monitor Holder, Scanning Ruler, Backup Board, Spot Color Positioning Target, Soft Carrying Case).
Aperture Measurement aperture: 4.5 mm (0.18”) diameter (effective measurement aperture during scanning is depending on the patch size and measurement speed) Available Disk Space 2GB Calibration Manual on external ceramic white reference (included) Communication Interface USB 1.1 Connectivity Powered USB port Dimensions (length, width, height) i1Pro device: 162 mm x 69 mm x 64 mm (6.4” x 2.7” x 2.5”) Display Resolution 1024x768 pixels or higher Experience Level Intermediate to Advanced Humidity 30 to 85% RH (non-condensing) Illumination Spot Size 3 mm (0.12”) Inter-Instrument Agreement 0.3 ∆E00* average, 0.8 ∆E00* max. (deviation from X-Rite manufacturing standard at a temperature of 23ºC (73.4ºF) on 12 BCRA tiles (D50, 2º)) Internet Connection Required for software install, download and automatic update Languages Supported Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish Light Source i1Pro3 Plus LED Illumination (including UV) Macintosh MacOS X 10.11x, 10.12x, 10.13x, 10.15 (with latest upgrades installed) Measurement Conditions • M0 - UV included - ISO 13655:2017
• M1 - D50 - ISO 13655:2017
• M2 - UV excluded Filter - ISO 13655:2017
Measurement Frequency in Scanning Mode 400 measurements per second Measurement Geometry 45°/0° ring illumination optics, ISO 13655:2017 Media Thickness 1mm or less Memory 2GB Minimum Number of Displays Supported per Workstation Up to 4 Operating Temperature Range 10°C to 35°C
50°F to 95°F
Patch Size Minimal Patch Size in Scanning Mode: 7 x 7 mm (0.28” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) with sensor ruler 10 x 7 mm (0.40” x 0.28”) (Width x Height) without sensor ruler Photometric Range 10nm; Sampling interval 3.5nm Processor MAC: Intel® Core 2 Duo CPU or better; WINDOWS: Intel® Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ XP or better Scan Length Maximum 260mm (10.24") Scanner Target Support Yes Scanning Capability Yes Security User must have Administrator rights to install and uninstall the application Short Term Repeatability - White 0.05 dE00 on white (D50,2°, mean of 10 measurements every 3 seconds on white) Single Pass Scan Yes Software Development Kit Available for OEM customers Software Modes Basic & Advanced Spectral Analyzer i1® technology with built-in wavelengths check; Holographic diffraction grating with 128-pixel diode array Spectral Range 380 - 730 nm Spectral Reporting 380 ... 730 nm in 10 nm steps Storage Temperature Range -20° to 50°C
-4° to 122°F
Supported Profile Format ICC version 2, version 4.3, & iccMax Unit Color Black/Silver User Experience Choose between a ‘basic’, wizard-driven interface or an ‘advanced’, user-driven interface for highest level professional results Video Card
MAC: Latest drivers for video card installed;
WINDOWS: Latest drivers for video card installed, dual display support requires either 2 video cards or a dual head video card that supports dual video LUTs being loaded
Warranty Twelve (12) months from the date of sale, unless different local regulations apply. Product registration is required to receive X-Rite technical support during the warranty period. Registration can occur directly through the software, on our website, or via phone. Users are encouraged to register their product within the first 30 days of use. Weight i1Pro device: 285 g (10.1 oz) What's Included? i1Pro 3 Plus spectrophotometer (measurement device), calibration plate, ambient light measurement head, monitor holder, positioning target, scanning ruler, backer board, USB cable. i1Profiler v3.x software for monitor profiling plus QA for monitors and printers, PANTONE Color Manager software. Windows Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (with latest Service Pack installed)